Over the last decade or two, there has been a surge in popularity in the yachting industry, especially in the numbers of private luxury yachts being commissioned. A yachting experience is sure to surpass any expectations of glamor and many of these exquisitely designed vessels offer a self-contained world; five star dining, world-class accommodations and every amenity your heart could desire. With all this at your fingertips, while cruising some of the most magnificent coastlines and ports in the world, it is no wonder that the popularity and passion for traveling to vacation destinations via yachts has grown exponentially.
When it comes to the decision of whether to own or charter a yacht, the experience does not begin with the prospective buyer. It is the relationship between a shipyard and a luxury yacht broker that is key.
A shipyard is a place where yachts are built, refitted or repaired. Shipyards take great pride in building indulgent luxury yachts, which have a reputation for encompassing a spirit of elegance and extravagance and a well-established shipyard will usually draw on their years of experience and have a thorough knowledge of the best ways and materials to use to construct these vessels.
There are various roles shipyards can perform, including:
– Refitting the vessel with new parts or additional extras.
– The complete new building of luxury yachts, from conception to the final product.
– Exterior design focusing on the exterior of a luxury yacht, this could mean new color scheme or merely adapting the facade of the vessel to suit individual owners tastes.
– Interior design entails customizing the interior of the yacht with architectural elements as well as adding extra amenities/facilities.
– Repairs which have to be carried out on luxury yachts from time to time, similar to the standard procedure of a car service. Repairs can also be made to damaged vessels.
Potential buyers of luxury yachts or sailing yachts have the opportunity to stipulate exactly what they want from the build.